Tuesday 4 October 2016


                                    

I am sitting in the morning
At the diner on the corner 
I am waiting at the counter 
For the man to pour the coffee 
And he fills it only halfway 
And before I even argue 
He is looking out the window 
At somebody coming in 

It is always nice to see you 
Says the man behind the counter 
To the woman who has come in 
She is shaking her umbrella 
And I look the other way 
As they are kissing their hellos 
I'm pretending not to see them 
Instead I pour the milk 

I open up the paper 
There's a story of an actor 
Who had died while he was drinking 
It was no one I had heard of 
And I'm turning to the horoscope 
And looking for the funnies 
When I'm feeling someone watching me 
And so raise my head 

There's a woman on the outside 
Looking inside does she see me? 
No she does not really see me 
Cause she sees her own reflection 
And I'm trying not to notice 
That she's hitching up her skirt 
And while she's straightening her stockings 
Her hair is getting wet 
Oh, this rain it will continue 
Through the morning as I'm listening 
To the bells of the cathedral 
I am thinking of your voice... 
And of the midnight picnic 
Once upon a time 
Before the rain began... 

I finish up my coffee 
It's time to catch the train 



Утром я сижу
В закусочной на углу,
Я жду у прилавка
Официанта, который, нальет мне кофе.

Он наливает полчашки,
До того, как я успеваю что то сказать,
Он смотрит в окно
На нового посетителя.

'всегда приятно видеть вас',
Говорит бармен
Женщине, которая вошла,
Трясет своим зонтом Она.

И я смотрю в другую сторону,
Пока они целуют друг друга,
Я делаю вид, что не вижу их,
Наливая молоко.

Я открываю газету,
Там актера история,
Который умер, когда был пьян,
Я раньше не слышала о нем.

Я открываю страницу с гороскопом
И пока ищу там что-нибудь смешное,
Чувствую, что кто-то на меня смотрит,
Я поднимаю голову.

На улице женщина,
Смотрящая внутрь, видит ли она меня?
, Меня она особо-то Нет не видит,
Она смотрит на свое отражение.

Я стараюсь не замечать,
Что она приподняла подол,
Она пока И подтягивает чулки,
Ее волосы мокрыми становятся.

Этот дождь будет лить
Все утро, пока я слушаю
Звон церквей,
Вспоминаю голос твой

Нашу И полночную встречу
Пока не начался дождь
Допиваю чашку кофе
Мне пора бежать на поезд.

No comments:

Post a Comment